Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
 Quote:
You know what, lets just end this quickly. Are terrorists human? Human comes from the word "humane" meaning : characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, esp. for the suffering or distressed: humane treatment of horses.
I was always under the (perhaps wrongful) impression that humane was an adjective stemming from, or befitting, the noun that is human. Humane is "of humanity, having human-like qualities". It wasn't the other way round, surely.

Humans are blank slates. They are not at birth any morally superior or inferior to you or I. They don't know shit. If you don't tell someone their whole life about God, they won't become religious, they won't believe in God. If you kept someone in a room all their life, they have no reason to suspect that this is any different to everyone else's life.

The word Humane came first though ;\)

But humans are born with basic characterists, expressions and feelings, these are scientifically proven. When a person dies humans feel for them, whether they lived in a box their whole life or not. What you are saying is that in someway those characteristics are taken away from them.....in which case then they wouldn't be considered humane ;\)

Edit: will be right back, have a phone call, just incase I can't answer soon.

Last edited by DonMichaelCorleone; 07/01/07 09:04 PM.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380