Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
Goombah, we should've discussed Zep together long ago! Ice introduced me to the band - I feel foolish for never giving them a try before...it was like discovering what music really is, when I first listened to them. A rock awakening, as I switched from oldies (what I'd listened to for years) to stuff like Zeppelin, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, etc. Not that I never knew of this music, but I finally immersed myself in it, and fell in love.

What Plant manages to do with his voice amazes me. The "wailing" you mentioned is just incredible - in tunes like 'Whole Lotta Love' and 'Dazed and Confused,' his moaning and wailing, something that seems so simple, always just blows me away because of how great it sounds and how it really makes the song.

I can't remember if Ice has posted it here, but I think you'd really enjoy the documentary-style videos he found on LZ at YouTube.

LED ZEPPELIN INSIDE 1968 - 1980 A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkpzbCMX4Gw

There are many parts posted by the same user, and I think it goes up to Q. I'm still working through it, but it's really good stuff and fun to watch.

Thats nice, damn ice. Way to go girl.