Funny, I called that Irish would go apeshit for LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD in the shoutbox (and why not? He has a thing for anything thats Michael Bay or Bay-influenced). LLC owes me $10. \:\)

Anyway, while I defend LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD as being as average as DIE HARD 2, just not as fucking contrived, there are some things in it that still bug the shit out of me.

* Bland actor playing the villain....or is it decent actor stuck with really a shit part?

A computer programming genius? Thats like trying to sell John Wayne as Genghis Kahn. At least William Sadler in DH2 happens to BE a good actor despite the shit he was given to work with.

Which is sad, since Timothy David Olyphant worked so well on DEADWOOD.

My verdict? SHIT CHARACTER

*How does Bruce Willis know that the Asian assassin was the baddie's girlfriend?

PLOT HOLE!

*You know, John McClane STILL lost his entire 401K plan. Imagine him asking the Feds for help:

McClane: You know, I just saved the day. Can you help restore my 401K plan?

Feds: Why don't you work hard for it like any other decent American, instead of asking for a handout?

*Why exactly is Lucy McClane being a bitch with her father? Not that its a bad idea, but its execution in LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD seems simply as cheap contrived drama to stack the decks against McClane.

I mean, isn't it possible that she's the only person in his family that can tolerate him? It would have made the entire 3rd act mean absolutely alot more for the hero than the whole reversal of opinion nonsense.