Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

They would be the ones celebrating.

Think about it. If most terrorists are of Muslim decent, and the Religious standard that backs these acts is that upon dying as a result of committing these acts, wouldn't being shot to DEATH seconds after committing the ACT be allowing them to achieve this goal?

Punishment isn't about what's going to feed your lust for vengeance, it's about what's going to make them regret their actions.

It may cause them to celebrate, but it would also mean that there is one less terrorist left to try and kill you and I. And over time, others who may even be thinking of joining a terorrist organization or act will begin to have second thoughts knowing that if caught they will be executed. But you and I can debate that kind of thought all day long if we want.

The bottom line is that when you find a cancer, the best way to stop it from spreading is to cut it and burn it out!

It's not a lust for vengance LLC, it's a lust for allowing my children to have a future life.

And if you were to put this terrorist behind bars, for ever and ever, that wouldn't prevent them from being able to drive trucks into airports, fly planes into buildings, plant bombs in basements, and so on?

And it's not going to stop others from joining terrorist cells. If death is what they consider the reward in committing acts of terror, then if we kill them on the spot, we're only giving them all the more reason to join up. They're guaranteed their reward, then.

Let's not try to compare a cancerous cell to a human being with a right to due process.

And, I hate to be the one to say it, but unfortunately, we can never complete save our children from terrorism. We're never going to dismantle terrorism, because there are always going to be someone who has a problem with someone else. There is always going to be unrest, there is always going to be war... We can try to decrease terrorism, and even that is going to be very, very complicated. More complicated then running amok in the streets with semi-automatic weapons, and blowing off the heads of anyone who comes off as a threat. Dismantling terrorism is even more complicated--in fact, it's an impossibility (I know, I just set myself up for a Godfather Pt. II quote) \:p

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."