SHOOTER
(First Viewing)

A marksman (Wahlberg) living in exile is coaxed back into action after learning of a plot to kill the president. Ultimately double-crossed and framed for the attempt, he goes on the run to track the real killer and find out who exactly set him up, and why.

A modern day JFK assassination with Mark Wahlberg getting the proverbial Lee Harvey Oswald treatment. What I did love about this movie, and not many movies that I see show this too often in a serious manner, is the precision these sharpshooters need in order to kill a target a mile or 2 away. Many people who I've talked to about SAVING PRIVATE RYAN said their favorite character was the sniper Pvt. Daniel Jackson played by Barry Pepper. This is basically that characters own film, which again is just amazing how great these guys are at their job. However, most of this film is Mark Wahlberg on the run trying to clear his name so there's not as much sniper action on his part but some to make the film enjoyable. Finally, Kate Mara did a great job with her accent and her character.