Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Klydon,

I can imagine that would be quite a shocker. I guess it happens more often than we might think.

Speaking of courts, jurors, etc. A couple years ago I was on a jury. I take being a juror very seriously and listen to everything everyone says, etc.

They called a doctor to the stand as a medical expert right? Well, this doctor stuttered something terrible. I felt sorry for him, but it took freakin' forever for him to tesitify. I don't know if it was the silence of the courtroom, or the seriousness of where I was, hearing a case, but halfway through this doctor's testimony I had to fight back laughter. Why would I do that? \:o I kept thinking to myself, "why do you want to laugh at this man" and "what if you bust up and the judge kicks you out, how damn embarrassing would that be?" They more I told myself don't laugh, the harder I had to fight back laughter. This is something I wouldn't normally do. Am I a bad person? \:\/

TIS

Not at all. I've been ther many times myself. The more you try to suppress the laughter, the harder it is to stop. I think it's a combination of the subject that you find amusing and your surroundings, usually a place where you know you're supposed to be serious. It's happened to me in church, court, seminars, funeral homes, etc.

The cure for those occasions is if something happens that makes it appropriate for all to laugh. It allows you a legitimate outlet to release all your "misplaced" laughter.

While at the time I just wanted to disappear, I get a kick out of recalling those moments.