Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Hardly can wait for your next one on your list JG... ;\)

Pride & Prejudice (2005)

Yeah, Afs recommended it to me so I pushed it to #4 on my 260-something long queue on Netflix. And let me add, this is not usually the type of movie that I watch. I consider it a "chick flick".

In any event -- Afs, my dear, you made it seem so depressing - and I was prepared to hang myself by hanging a noose beforehand. But in fact, I found it quite charming and even inspirational!

And the fact that Keira Knightley ("Pirates of the Caribbean" and sequels) stars in it, well...

The message in the movie is quite clear, and put into the most simplest/direct terms - how pride/arrogance/prejudice can lead us into misjudging people, and how that could almost cost you the love of your life.

I'm not gonna summarize the film here -- you can go to IMDB for that.

But besides the eye candy that helped to keep my attention, I thought the message was timeless, even if the setting and details weren't (18th Century England).

Before this, the only thing I knew about Jane Austen was that they used her name for the comedy "Mafia!". Before having seen the bonus features, I didn't even think that "Sense and Sensibility" would be related (haven't seen it, but I will now).

The story is a wonderful retelling of the classic "boy meets girl" (tho in this case it's girl-meets-boy(s)), but in a setting I wouldn't have dreamed about enjoying. The acting was very good, the eye candy was nice ( ;\) ), and I ended up enjoying a British period piece that I anticipated that I wouldn't. Especially being rated only PG (dammit! lol)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations