Yeah, deffinately make it a point to read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The narrative is so out of control and self-indulgent that it'll make you either love or hate Hunter. Personally, I don't see how you can hate it unless you have a stick up your ass.

The descriptions and references he uses are hysterical.

Choke is probably my favorite Palahniuk piece, alongside Survivor. I really like all of his stuff pre-2001, but he's sort of toned it down since 9/11, and gone in something of a Horror-direction. Which is still very cool, he just can't get away with a book like Survivor anymore, where the whole narrative is written as the main character giving a first person account of the events of the story as he rides in an abandoned plane on auto-pilot, waiting for the fuel to run out so he will plummet to his death.

Although, as far as Riot is concerned, it's about a serial killer, from what I understand, so it looks like it's going to be back on track with his older material, mixed with the weird narrative style of Haunted, in that the narrative is told by several characters, all of whom tell stories that contradict one another.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 06/25/07 12:52 AM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."