I guess I've been turning a few people onto the White Stripes... So, here is, first, Jack White's side-project, The Raconteurs performing my favorite song off their album at last year's Lollapalooza. Secondly, is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen on cable; Back in 2003, to promote their album "Elephant" the white stripes appeared as the musical guests on Conan for a whole week. To close out the week, on Friday, they played their song "Let's Build a Home" and, on an impromptu whim, went into the Blues classic "Goin' Down to Memphis"... Jack went crazy, ran off the stage, threw his guitar onto Conan's desk, played the craziest slide-guitar solo I've ever seen, and then threw his guitar on the ground and performed an acapella sample of the Stripes song "Cannon".... It's quite the performance.

The Raconteurs - Level (live @ Lollapalooza 2006)
The White Stripes - Let's Build a Home (Live - Conan O'Brien 2003)

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 06/24/07 11:29 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."