Speaking of John Mayer, I was "lucky" enough to go to a free John Mayer/Sheryl Crow concert in the VIP section. Up until this point, I've always gone to small venue shows where I have to take a beating in order to stand within decent view of the drunk punk band wobbling around on stage.

This whole VIP treatment was strange. We had a table in our own little booth at the Concord Pavillion where waiters would come by and take our orders for drinks and gourmet food. I couldn't get over this fact. When I'm usually at punk shows fighting with fifteen year olds who managed to sneak in and think their tough guys by flailing their arms at girls in the mosh pit (Oh I could go into some good stories here), I couldn't get over the fact that I'm sitting with a crowd surrounding me consisting of middle-aged couples drinking expensive wine being served to them by waiters. A concert with waiters? What the...

John Mayer was actually pretty good, and that comparison of him to Jack White is interesting. You described him perfectly. He is Jack White for the baby boomers. These same people would probably piss themselves at a White Stripes concert. That's not saying John Mayer is horrible, he's just horrible to the younger crowd I guess.

Sheryl Crow was horrible.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes