Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
How cute SC!!! Thank God for pictures/film hu? How in the world did you get the picture? Did you take it with a regular camera??

My nephew had transferred all the old 8mm films to videotape... I copied the videotape to a DVD and when playing it on my PC I just screen captured that one frame above.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Also added to the family DVD my parents sent me is a real treasure. It's about a minute or two clip from my parents engagement party, which was approximately 1940 (they got married in 41 but were engaged for 3 years :o) Anyway, shows my mother who was 16/17 and my father AND both my grandfathers who were both dead before I was born, not to mention so many other relatives, aunts/uncles when they were very very young. Boy, I treasure it. I wish it were longer.

Be thankful you have that (but I know what you mean about wishing the clip was longer). My parents had film of them at the 1939 New York World's Fair that deteriorated so badly over the years that it became unable to view. Seeing them together, so young, and seeing the World's Fair exhibits was wonderful but extremely sad to know that the film was lost (because of its condition).

I treasure the DVD I have now.... its got about a minute of my dad picking me up and swinging me around when I was about a year old. Amidst the trees of Prospect Park here was this guy, so young and vibrant and black hair having fun with his baby... I get choked up every time I see it.