Okay, I admit this post is basically directed towards LLC because he and I have had conversations about the White Stripes before, but I'm posting it publicly because you never know who else out there might be a fan.

The reason for this post is that I have decided, after five or six times listening to the new album Icky Thump, Jack and Meg White are Gods. I love this new CD. The first time I listened to it I thought "Eh" then the second time I thought "Eh?" The third time I let my girlfriend listen to it and she said "Eh" and I thought "Wow".

After five or six times, I can't stop listening to it. There is just enough odd guitar playing and Jack White's voice to keep me interested and eventually enthralled to the point that I can't stop listening to it.

My only gripe, and it's not much of one, is that Meg White on the drums is fairly disappointing. Without a Bass player she, as usual, plays the most basic of drums. However, it works for Rock 'N Roll. So, the White Stripes are my favorite band of the month.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes