THE AVENGERS 1/2
(Third Viewing)

British Ministry agent John Steed (Ralph Fiennes), under direction from "Mother", investigates a diabolical plot by arch-villain Sir August de Wynter (Sean Connery) to rule the world with his weather control machine. Steed investigates the beautiful Doctor Mrs. Emma Peel (Uma Thurman), the only suspect, but simultaneously falls for her and joins forces with her to combat Sir August.

The biggest problem I find with this film was the script. It was incredibly weak. Connery's character I felt wasn't fully developed by the end, which by that point, was already a mess. The climax of the film had zero affect on me. I didn't hardly care about the characters, their mission or their "revenge." How Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurma, and Sean Connery got talked into doing this picture is beyond me. I've never seen the original T.V. series so I'm not a diehard fan who's pissed that they officially f*cked the original series with this garbage (and subsequently, discouraged younger views from potentially seeing the original show). The only positive I came away with from this film was how delectable Uma Thurman looked. I mean wow \:o 1997 and 1998 were the years where I first started to notice Uma in BATMAN & ROBIN and THE AVENGERS. Note, I wasn't into PULP FICTION or first see it until later on.