ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES
(First Viewing)

Pugsley and Wednesday Addams aren't very happy with the new addition to the family: their new baby brother, Pubert. Morticia is restless, and Gomez only wants her to be happy, so he tries to fix everyone's problems by hiring a nanny. The Addams' finally find the perfect nanny in Debbie: a seemingly innocent woman with an impeccable wardrobe and a way with her hands. She charms the family, especially Uncle Fester, who is head-over-heels for her. However, Wednesday and Pugsley see through her sensual facade: Debbie is only after Fester for his money. Before they can rat on her, she has the kids sent off to summer camp, as she and Fester get married. While she tries (several times) to kill Fester and make it look like an accident, Pugsley and Wednesday must battle ever-cheery camp directors and spoiled rich kids to get back to their family and warn them of Debbie's plans.

I really think they could have squeezed another movie from this franchise. If it were made today they would have. It was great having the entire original cast back except Carol Kane replaced Judith Malina as Grandma (I like Carol Kane better anyway). This is Raul Julia's best work that I've seen. It's tragic he died the year after this film was released. Joan Cusack also did a really good job as Debbie Jellinsky, the babysitter/killer (some of her best work too). However, the real show stealer to me was Peter MacNicol. I've loved this guy ever since I saw him in GHOSTBUSTERS II in 1989. He easily had the best lines and made the film more enjoyable. I think he gets overlooked sometimes for being a pretty decent comedian. I really enjoy this guy's work (he was even in this past season of 24).