Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Get used to that. It changes from iPods and cell phones to BMWs and jacuzzis and the size of your house.

It all has to do with keeping up with the Joneses. We see our neighbor with the built in pool or jacuzzi or his BMW. We have to compete. I love the commercials where it's Christmas time and two neighbors are competing to see who can have the biggest and grandest yard decorations. My favorite is this guy who has the big house; pool; acres of land and the announcer asks how he does it. He says, "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. Somebody help me". I think about that when I'm in New York and wonder how some can afford to live such a lifestyle. Then I think how stressful their 60 hour work week is. I'll see a person with a cane, bald spot and bags under bags and realize he's probably about 35. If and when my daughter ever moves out on her own I'm sure 65 percent of the things in my house are hers. I'll be happy to live in a small condo. I'll sleep on a sofa bed. You just push the mattress back in the sofa and you're bed's made. \:\) Having all that bling bling just means you have a bigger credit card debt.

Last edited by Beth E; 06/16/07 03:47 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.