Here be your SPOILER warning....

I'm gonna go real fast now, so here goes the remaining 11:

A Fish Called Wanda ***/*****

Apparently someone died while watching this movie. What a fun way to go eh? laughing your guts out. So I thought to myself: "this movie must be the funniest shit ever if someone died laughing while watching it." Well, it is funny. Death-like-funny? not IMO, but interesting film.

Maybe my biggest problem with it is that I dont think Jamie Lee Curtis is the sexy babe she is supposed to be in this film. Sexy perhaps...but not babe. ANYWAY.... this film is OWNED by Kevin Cline. He is the star by all means. This is probably the best movie of his career (together with Sophie's Choice). His energetic performance is spelndid. Best scene is the "fish n chips" scene. He actually wanted to eat real fish for the scene. Haha I believe that, totally.

damn it, I always promise short reviews and I cant keep my promise...but thats it...witness my short-reviews-skills from now on:

DOOM */*****

I'm a huge fan of the original game, but this film was a mess. You know DOOM doesnt really have much of a stroyline in the first place, but hey they killed the only storyline that actually existed and turned into a film about lab rats and mutations other than HELL. Fuck. Not to mention that the single gunner is now replaced with a group. Bah, what a waste.

Liar, Liar ****/*****

Jim Carrey at his best. What a wonderful mix of family comedy and adult comedy. In between the standard humor he has his moments throwing in the "strong" material in an offhand manner - he is a master of that combo.
Beating the shit out of himself in the bathroom was outstanding.
Next to another Carrey film.....

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ****/*****

An original idea and a great execution. Carrey shows that he can do drama as well as comedy. This is one of the films that you enjoy the second time watching just as much as the first time, because you have a new perspective and understanding the second time around. That hobbit was a miscast, though.

The War at Home *****/*****

A movie not seen by many. Too bad. One of the best post-nam movies out there. Directed by Emilio Estevez, and all I can say that this brat pack guy did an awesome job directing himself, Kathy bates and his father...Martin Sheen.
Hell, this is one of the most intense family dramas I have ever seen. When Esteves, who is also in the lead role, steps outside his house, the garden becomes the battlefield, and he portrays the anguish and confusion in a top-notch performance. And did I mention Kathy Bates in the role of the mother? holy shit! I've never seen her that good in any film, forget about Misery! Just watch this one, do yourself a favor.

5 more films.....

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)