Originally Posted By: Fame
Pirates of the Caribbean - The BULLSHIT Curse */*****

The BULLSHIT Curse (ie the first in the trilogy) was a pain to watch and I only give it one star. It was simply boring, Bloom and Knightley were no more than beautiful faces, and to think that this is one of the most loved films among teenagers these days is truly sad. But I will say a couple of good things about it:

1) I love the fact that they did a film about the ride. I've always loved the disney ride and I thought it was a cool idea to make a film based on it. HOWEVER I didnt like the fact that they later closed the ride for "updating"...ie adding movie material into it. WTF? You dont mess around with the original. You make a movie based on the ride, NOT vice versa! Whatever.

2) Depp. The only good thing in this movie. He actually created an original character with unique way of speaking and unique body language. I loved how Bloom impersonated him. Anyway, despite the unique character of Jack Sparrow, the movie was not interesting.

I have no desire whatsoever to watch any of its sequels.

It'd probably do you best to go with your last statement and not see the last 2. They were simply made for revenue and not to really expand the storylines or characters any further and it showed. Neither of these films hopes a candle to the original IMO. I must say Fame, I think you're one of the few people I know who has said they didn't like PIRATES. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I cannot argue too much with your assessment of Bloom and Knightley (however Knightley is VERY easy on the eyes mate and makes the time go by a little fast, eh?) ;\) Depp was the only real reason to watch any of the films. Hopefully, Disney will not make a 4th, however considering how much money this trilogy made, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Plus Depp loves the character too much.