Here be your SPOILER warning.....

The Crow ****/*****

An atmospheric film. visually-stunning. The camera work is splendid and the images are delight. This film became very famous for 2 reasons:

1) Actor Brandon Lee was accidently killed during filming (by Michael Massee - who 24 fans know as Ira Gaines)

2) It is THE film of the Gothic community. Goths around the world embrace this film since the film tried to embrace their community as well by filming the beautiful gothic structures as well as Lee's makeup, the use of poems by Edgar Allan Poe, etc..

Tho I must say that while the visuals are great, the dialogue is somewhat forced, like the above mentioned poems. the way they are mentioned feels awkward as if they were only pushed into the script to capture the gothic feeling.

Anyway, this is one of the better comic-book films I've seen. I cant wait to read the comic book.

Pirates of the Caribbean - The BULLSHIT Curse */*****

The BULLSHIT Curse (ie the first in the trilogy) was a pain to watch and I only give it one star. It was simply boring, Bloom and Knightley were no more than beautiful faces, and to think that this is one of the most loved films among teenagers these days is truly sad. But I will say a couple of good things about it:

1) I love the fact that they did a film about the ride. I've always loved the disney ride and I thought it was a cool idea to make a film based on it. HOWEVER I didnt like the fact that they later closed the ride for "updating"...ie adding movie material into it. WTF? You dont mess around with the original. You make a movie based on the ride, NOT vice versa! Whatever.

2) Depp. The only good thing in this movie. He actually created an original character with unique way of speaking and unique body language. I loved how Bloom impersonated him. Anyway, despite the unique character of Jack Sparrow, the movie was not interesting.

I have no desire whatsoever to watch any of its sequels.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)