Originally Posted By: DonVitoCorleone
I hate Summer.

Meh. Here is what gets me down about summer. I never get used to the unusual schedule of the summer sun. Sun up at 6:30 in the morning, sun down at 8:30 at night... What the fuck. Nothing to wake up for in the morning... Nothing to look forward to in the day. I stay up late, and sleep in. Resultingly, I involuntarily go to bed each day at 6 AM, and I sleep until 3, maybe 4... sometimes 5 in the afternoon.

My bedroom is the most south-western room in the house. It's hot, humid, and right under the sun. Every day, when I wake up at five, despite my window-unit air conditioner, I'm sweaty, and gross, and angry. My genitals are so hot that I can't feel them, and I spend five minutes making sure my wiring isn't tangling, and that I don't have testicular torsion.

That god-damn window unit. It's too noisy when it's on, and it's too hot when it's off. When it's on, I have to turn my music up to unusually loud levels... louder than I usually play it. Furthermore, my window leads right out onto the roof of my garage. All winter long, I look forward to Summer, so I can spend nights laying on the roof, under the stars. Then one day I come home, and there is a fifteen pound robot nesting in my windowsill.

Every summer, I nestling myself into a bizarre sleeping pattern. I see about two hours of sunlight a day minimum, four maximum. I spend days, weeks, without showering or changing my clothes. Why put on clean clothes if I'm just going to stay home? I don't answer my phone. I lose contact with my friends, find excuses out of all social obligations for reasons I can't even make sense to myself.

Every summer, I mope around the house, complaining to myself how I never spoke to the girl I spent all school year infatuating over. By August, I'm telling myself I'm going to go up to her and say something come September, knowing I never will. Instead, I'll just feel worse and worse, by my own fault, before giving up, until someone else comes along, and I do the same thing.

The only good thing about summer is quite simple... I don't think there is any point of the year in which I express myself more than during summer. Probably because I feel so shitty and lonely all summer. I write, draw, record music, etc... All summer. It's the only thing that makes it some what enjoyable.

Of course, I know come winter, I'll have a new list of things to bitch and moan about in a bout of angered depression.

That being said, give it a few more days, once I'm done taking exams. I'll be in full neurotic-insomniac-gone-nocturnal mode.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."