GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TheKillingJoke, 1 invisible), 675 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,430
Posts1,060,851
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #400474
06/11/07 09:55 AM
06/11/07 09:55 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The only thing I had any problem at all with was Melfi's dismissal. The character AND Lorraine bracco deserved better.

No way.... she dropped a patient (Tony) because of her ego... she's a [BadWord].

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: SC] #400475
06/11/07 09:57 AM
06/11/07 09:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: SC

The only thing I had any problem at all with was Melfi's dismissal. The character AND Lorraine bracco deserved better.

No way.... she dropped a patient (Tony) because of her ego... she's a [BadWord].

That's what I meant SC. I don't think her character was given any justice by dropping Tony.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400476
06/11/07 09:58 AM
06/11/07 09:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
He (Kuby) would have preferred a more satisfactory closure to The Sopranos instead of everything being open to speculation. I think that's a fairly reasonable expectation for a fan to have.

Thats not Chase's style.... fans of him liked his shows partly because everything wasn't always tied up into a neat bundle.

That aside, its nice to see you back here. I hope all is well.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400478
06/11/07 10:00 AM
06/11/07 10:00 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

Ron Kuby referred to a past episode where Tony asked someone what they thought 'the end' was like. That person answered that you don't hear the shot that gets you. One of Kuby's theories is that the sudden cut to black (or blue) indicates that unheard 'shot' that finally gets Tony.

That IS interesting! \:o

But can you plz delete this before Olivant reads it?

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Ice] #400479
06/11/07 10:02 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Ice

Ron Kuby referred to a past episode where Tony asked someone what they thought 'the end' was like. That person answered that you don't hear the shot that gets you. One of Kuby's theories is that the sudden cut to black (or blue) indicates that unheard 'shot' that finally gets Tony.

Don't worry about him. He's too busy crying over Ade. The realization is finally setting in.

It only took 3 years.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILE [Re: SC] #400480
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I loved the ending!

It didn't need any closure... life often doesn't get it, why must a show??

Ditto. Chase doesn't owe us anything. We pay our money and we take our chances.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #400481
06/11/07 10:04 AM
06/11/07 10:04 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Posted by SC:
Thats not Chase's style.... fans of him liked his shows partly because everything wasn't always tied up into a neat bundle.

Possibly...however, even the sound of a gunshot just before that cut to black (or blue) might've been helpful. At least that would indicate that somebody was hit.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: pizzaboy] #400482
06/11/07 10:11 AM
06/11/07 10:11 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Ice

Don't worry about him. He's too busy crying over Ade. The realization is finally setting in.

It only took 3 years.

Hey, there are plenty of Board members plus other series' fans who believe that the "real" ending will be on the DVD or in a movie. Soooooooo...

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: olivant] #400485
06/11/07 10:13 AM
06/11/07 10:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
OK OK.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: pizzaboy] #400487
06/11/07 10:20 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
I loved the ending, it was perfect for The Sopranos. David Chase wasn't going to tie up every story line, I don't know who could expect that after watching the show for 85 episodes and expect this one to be different.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: olivant] #400488
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Hey, there are plenty of Board members plus other series' fans who believe that the "real" ending will be on the DVD or in a movie. Soooooooo...

I DID not know THAT. [/Johnny Carson voice] \:\)

Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #400491
06/11/07 10:24 AM
06/11/07 10:24 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

That's what I meant SC. I don't think her character was given any justice by dropping Tony.

I agree with Pizzaboy. I think that Melfi and Tony were too important to the show and to one another, that her actions were too out of character, and that I believe that it was a cheap thing to do. As PB said, both Melfi and Bracco deserved better.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: Sicilian Babe] #400492
06/11/07 10:27 AM
06/11/07 10:27 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Aw shucks Miss Babe, I like you too.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400495
06/11/07 10:37 AM
06/11/07 10:37 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Posted by SC:

Possibly...however, even the sound of a gunshot just before that cut to black (or blue) might've been helpful. At least that would indicate that somebody was hit.

Apple

First Apple, welcome back. Hope all is well with you and your daughter.

Now in regards to the ending. I believe that Chase did NOT let us hear a shot to purposely leave the interpretation to the viewer. The last 5 minutes were extremely suspenseful. Some saw those guys walking in as hitmen. Others may have seen them as bodyguards. Others, just as normal diners in the restaurant who we magnified because of the suspense filled theme of that scene.

The one guy walks into the bathroom as Meadow finally gets the car parked, causing her a delay in sitting at the table. Fade to black. Silence. Does he come out of the bathroom thinking that Tony is sitting all alone on that side of the table? Does he come out shooting and hit Meadow instead of Tony as she slides next to him at the table?

Or were these guys bodyguards. If you re-watch you will see that each guy walks into the restaurant seconds before one of Tony's family memebers walks in.

Or did it end, as others have already pointed out, with the real family being together, just as many past seasons have ended?

I think that it was brilliant of Chase to cause all that suspense and then cut to black and silence. Personal interpretation for all that watched.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400500
06/11/07 10:56 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia
The final five minutes to me represent the danger that is always present in Tony's life. He has to look over each shoulder knowing that someone could cap him in the head.

The dinner scene also represents the story of the Soprano family continuing as usual. We just get to watch anymore!

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400501
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I agree that the show ended just as it has existed - Tony never knows what lies ahead, if the next person to walk in the door will be the cops, his killer, whatever.

PB, then why don't you answer my PMs??

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400503
06/11/07 11:07 AM
06/11/07 11:07 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...I think that it was brilliant of Chase to cause all that suspense and then cut to black and silence. Personal interpretation for all that watched.

Possibly, but as was also discussed on Curtis & Kuby earlier this morning...the time for interpretation/speculation is BEFORE the finale, not after.

Those who are calling Chase's final cut 'brilliant' remind me of the people who go to art show and fawn over the stroke of a brush or shapeless sculpture because they think they're supposed to...otherwise let on that they aren't as hip & sophisticated as everybody else. (Anyone ever read 'The Emperor's New Clothes'...???)

Series finales, especially for shows of this stature, are in general quite difficult because expectations are so high that you never really satisfy everybody (except in the case of the final 'Newhart' which is a true classic...). But loyal fans deserve some kind of closure even if they don't necessarily like what they get.

For those who feel there's a movie or dvd coming...what would it possibly contain? The entire final episode PLUS what happened during the mysterious cut to black (or blue)? If that ended up being the case then it amounts to a HUGE ripoff and insult to the diehard fans who now have to WAIT god-knows-how-much-longer and then PAY to see the ending they expected last night.

But I personally don't think that's the case. I think it's over.

Like I said...no skin off my nose since I've never watched the show anyway. But based on what I've heard/read so far this morning, Chase copped out big time.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400506
06/11/07 11:18 AM
06/11/07 11:18 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Those who are calling Chase's final cut 'brilliant' remind me of the people who go to art show and fawn over the stroke of a brush or shapeless sculpture because they think they're supposed to...otherwise let on that they aren't as hip & sophisticated as everybody else.

Thats funny.... those who are calling it a copout (and NEED closure) remind me of people with no imagination at all. They have to be spoonfed pablum or else their bowels get twisted out of shape.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #400508
06/11/07 11:28 AM
06/11/07 11:28 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Wasn't the guy at the diner watching Tony the same guy who played Dave Scantino's brother-in-law in season 2? Dave Scantino was the friend Tony busted out for his business.

Anyway, I just rewatched it, and I think the biggest thing everyone missed tonight is AJ quoting Tony at the diner after complaining about his work.

AJ: "Remember the good times."
Tony: Oh, you're gonna get smart now?
AJ: No, didn't you say that once? You gotta remember the good times.
Tony: I guess it's true.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Made In America- Final Episode POSSIBLE SPOILERS [Re: pizzaboy] #400509
06/11/07 11:31 AM
06/11/07 11:31 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

AND

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I agree with Pizzaboy. I think that Melfi and Tony were too important to the show and to one another, that her actions were too out of character, and that I believe that it was a cheap thing to do. As PB said, both Melfi and Bracco deserved better.

Buffalo bagels!!

Who is Melfi?? God?? She's not capable of being lesser than what she SHOULD be??? Its not possible that she's as frail and as human as the show's other characters?? Why?? Because she's a doctor??

Yeah, it was out of character for her to "turn" on Tony, but her ego got the better of her and she fucked up. EVERY other main character on the show had some issues and she just lasted longer (at being an OK gal) than the others. MAYBE some of Tony rubbed off on her.... but I wouldn't say she deserved better (and certainly wouldn't say that Lorraine Bracco did either).

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #400510
06/11/07 11:34 AM
06/11/07 11:34 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Posted by SC: "...those who are calling it a copout (and NEED closure) remind me of people with no imagination at all..."

Thanks...I had really missed using those Smilies!!

Imagination is a wonderful thing...but I suppose those who needed NO CLOSURE wouldn't have even bothered to watch last night's finale (supposedly on the edge of their seats) after all these years/months of anticipation.

I suppose they wouldn't have even required a 'finale', as opposed to the series simply ending.

All you Soprano fans, imagine away...whatever you decide happened, you KNOW you're not wrong!!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400511
06/11/07 11:41 AM
06/11/07 11:41 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Chase did a wonderful job of "inventing" all these great, interesting charcters and developing them over the years. Of course I tuned in last night hoping to get one final glimpse at them but I don't feel "robbed" that the series ended without a definite act of closure.

IF Chase had gone that route THAT would have been a copout.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400512
06/11/07 11:42 AM
06/11/07 11:42 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Quote:
The last 5 minutes were extremely suspenseful. Some saw those guys walking in as hitmen. Others may have seen them as bodyguards. Others, just as normal diners in the restaurant who we magnified because of the suspense filled theme of that scene.

The one guy walks into the bathroom as Meadow finally gets the car parked, causing her a delay in sitting at the table. Fade to black. Silence. Does he come out of the bathroom thinking that Tony is sitting all alone on that side of the table? Does he come out shooting and hit Meadow instead of Tony as she slides next to him at the table?

Or were these guys bodyguards. If you re-watch you will see that each guy walks into the restaurant seconds before one of Tony's family memebers walks in.

Or did it end, as others have already pointed out, with the real family being together, just as many past seasons have ended?

I think that it was brilliant of Chase to cause all that suspense and then cut to black and silence.

OF COURSE, the finale was brilliant! Chase pulled out a FEW more directorial tricks and kept us on pins and needles until the VERY end. The public wanted and EXPECTED something special from Chase and they got it.

Is Tony dead or alive? This WAS such a wild ride. God, what a show..

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Ice] #400514
06/11/07 11:51 AM
06/11/07 11:51 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Amazing how most predictions were so wrong. And now people can argue about how it really ended.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Vercetti] #400515
06/11/07 11:57 AM
06/11/07 11:57 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti

AJ: "Remember the good times."
Tony: Oh, you're gonna get smart now?
AJ: No, didn't you say that once? You gotta remember the good times.
Tony: I guess it's true.

Oh yes, great scene.

Tony is a smart guy - the type of guy you would want your daughter to marry - unfortunately he's in the mafia. \:\/

He's a product of his society. He did what he had to do, the same that we ALL do. I'm sure he can die happy knowing that his grandchildren will have more choices in their lives than he did.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400516
06/11/07 11:58 AM
06/11/07 11:58 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I've never watched the show anyway. But based on what I've heard/read so far this morning, Chase copped out big time.

Apple

So your opinions are based on hearsay? ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400518
06/11/07 12:03 PM
06/11/07 12:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It's great that many of us made predictions and speculated on this finale and then Chase does something completely different with it. It now opened up some good discussion here with some really good comparisons and ideas of how each of us viewed the ending differently. An ending that provokes some interesting thought and debate. Good stuff.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400523
06/11/07 12:20 PM
06/11/07 12:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
No, SC, not that Melfi is God. It's that the way her character has been developed over the years, I couldn't imagine her doing that to a patient, especially one that she had treated for as long as Tony. I don't think that it was in character, and that it was a cheap copout.

Obviously, Chase wants us to believe that she gave in to peer pressure, but I personally found the storyline completely unbelievable. First and foremost, I can't imagine a therapist blurting out a patient's secrets: A. In front of them and B. At a dinner party. The man would have lost his license!! Secondly, I think that it was out of character for Melfi to be so cruel to a long-time patient, especially one whose son was so recently institutionalized for depression and attempted suicide, who also had a history of depression.

Sorry, I didn't buy it. It seemed cheap and contrived, and thrown together at the last minute. Not only did the character and the actress deserve better, but so did the audience.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: Don Cardi] #400525
06/11/07 12:25 PM
06/11/07 12:25 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...So your opinions are based on hearsay? ;\)

Basically, yes.

Because since about 6:00 a.m. I've already heard plenty of Soprano fans say they were unhappy with the final blackout (or blue-out).

In addition, of course...to the several others (Emperor's New Clothes) who seem overly fond of the word 'brilliant'.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: AppleOnYa] #400526
06/11/07 12:27 PM
06/11/07 12:27 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Those who are calling Chase's final cut 'brilliant' remind me of the people who go to art show and fawn over the stroke of a brush or shapeless sculpture because they think they're supposed to...otherwise let on that they aren't as hip & sophisticated as everybody else. (Anyone ever read 'The Emperor's New Clothes'...???)

Or...is it possible that one could genuinely like the episode?

Hey, how's it going?
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull