I was watching the start of part 1 last night...I hadn't realised - It's quite a talking to, that Bonasera gets from Vito, isn't it? He really dresses him down.

Brando is so good as the Godfather, every actor is excellent in this film, it's so well cast. A masterpiece.

It's like the film is different every time you see it, you pick up on so much more than the last time you watched it.

I've seen 1 and 2 a couple of times, and all of 3 only once - not nearly enough to grasp the detail that is in the films.

It especially brings this point home when I read some of the theories being discussed, by some of the senior members, if you will. I respect these points of view, some must have seen the films a great many times.

Basically, I am a novice. I simply haven't seen them enough to contribute to many of the threads, and sometimes they serve to astound me with how much detail I have missed.

That said, I look forward to giving the series a proper watch, the most intently I watched them was the first time. Since then it's always been with a couple of beers or other distractions.

I wonder what i'll make of them after i've seen them all a dozen times. Just for the record, after the fist viewing young Vito is my favourite character, but I wonder if this will always be the case...

There is a point in there somewhere, I'm sure, but

in the meantime; respects to all gangsterbb members, and Geoff, The Don, who's websites are excellent.

bye cool

"Jonny Tightlips... you're shot!
- whered' they get you?"
"I ain't sayin' nutin'."
"But what'll I tell the Doc?!"
"Tell'um to suck a lemon."