Can you guys (well maybe you older guys & gals) believe it's been forty years today since Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band was released? \:o I remember how totally different it was at the time. Oh, and the album cover was unique and quite a topic of conversation. As the article states Mae West first declined to be in a "Lonely Heart's Club" until the Beatles wrote her and she finally agreed to it along with Fred Astaire, Karl Marx and many others. It was fun trying to recognize everyone on the cover.

On my long ride home from work today they were discussing it on NPR station, with a couple former DJ's who recalled that they couldn't play some of the tracks on AM radio, and many of the songs were played on "underground" (FM) radio stations, due to what was thought to be drug references.

All good songs, but my personal favorites: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, She's Leaving Home, When I'm Sixty-Four....but my absolute favorite from the album and one of my all time favorite songs is "A Day In The Life". (and it's educational too,"now I know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall" \:D

1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With A Little Help From My Friends
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4. Getting Better
5. Fixing A Hole
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
8. Within You Without You
9. When I'm Sixty-Four
10. Lovely Rita
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13. A Day In The Life

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070531/music_nm/arts_pepper_dc

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/01/07 10:34 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon