Originally Posted By: svsg
I didn't know it was pierce Brosnan's first bond movie. He is pretty decent in his role. Any suggestions for a good Dalton bond movie?

I guess THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (which back in the day actually did better financially than Moore's last few 007 offings) as default.

LICENSE TO KILL is a movie that should have been a contender, but, the devil is in the details.

Instead of some wanna-be world conqueror or some laserbeam weapon from space, simply Bond going to war with a Latin American drug lord out of revenge...its a nice change of pace.

However, it would have been effective if the person Bond was avenging (Felix) had died, instead of simply maimed and his wife dead. Seriously, the ending is so happy go-happy, when its nuts. Why so happy? What revenge did Bond get? So he defeats the baddie, so what? Felix is still a cripple and his wife is under ground permanently.

Again, thats why I wrote as I did about the Dalton-Regime. The EON producers wouldn't let go of the Moore-spectre, and wanted to be different at the same time. You can't have it both ways.