Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Yeah, I never really caught onto sports. I can admire some athletes for their skill and the physical demand that sports call for, but I really want no part of it.

It's just funny, because subsequently, mostly all of the athletic-type kids in my school are complete morons and ingrates with a diminished sense of humor and even less of a personality.

I think I'm lucky... My town/school doesn't have anywhere near an abundance of the intellectually intelligent, philosophical, artistic, or musically inclined, but it has enough for me to be beyond happy and content with those I call my friends. And I'd much rather spend my time with a group of people interested in using their minds to create than a group of people interested in using their bodies to destruct.

It's like that in every school. But believe me, after high school, college and a couple of years in a full-time job, the chasm between jocks and non-jocks shrinks. When you're both married, working, raising kids, your similarities get stronger, and the differences that separated you in high school will vanish. \:\)