Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
totally agree with the RHCP example - john frusciante & flea have great chemistry, excellent use of restraint & powerful grooves. sometimes they tend to indulge a bit much for my tastes, but it's never less than interesting & always tasteful.

not much of a fan of post-rock, it's completely & totally boring to me actually. i've always been a lyric man, anyhow.

There are times I tend to dulge in lyrics, and others when I'm just over taken by the force of the music itself... I enjoy classical music a bit, so post-rock is sort of a common ground between rock and symphonic. And I just find Sigur Rós' music to be some of the most beautiful to grace my ears.

But... uh... Yeah... Dylan. I think I mostly prefer the abstract period, as Mick put it. Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde... There's just too much to list or get into.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."