Originally Posted By: goombah
That's not a shot against the Stones, but they've been making essentially the same music ever since Brian Jones left the band.

To be honest, I don't really see why people feel the need to consistently compare them to the Beatles and Dylan. The Stones are good, but a tad over-rated in that they're compared to two of the greatest artists of all time, when there were so many other bands around at that time worthy to be placed into the trinity of rock; Pink Floyd was starting (and honestly, I think they produced some of their best work from 1967-1972.. the pre-Dark Side years), the Grateful Dead were on a rampage, Hendrix and Joplin dominated, Steppenwolf maintains in being one of the best bands of the time but only receives acknowledge for "Born to be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride", and the Velvet Underground achieved a sound no one will ever match.

I just think it's weird that when people try to think of the "best" rock bands of all time, they ignore all of the great San Francisco bands of the 1960s. It's probably one of the best periods/scenes in rock... It defined an entire generation, and the basic parameters of rock music.

But I'm starting to go off on a wild tangent now.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."