THE KILLER
(Second Viewing)

In this bloody tale of loyalty and friendship, Chow Yun-Fat is Jeffrey, an assassin who wishes to leave the business so he can take care of Jennie, the beautiful lounge singer who he inadvertently blinded during a previous assignment. Danny Lee is the determined cop who will stop at nothing to bring him in, only he realizes that Jeffrey is no ordinary assassin, and wishes to help him in his quest. Only problem is that Jeffrey's employers refuse to pay him for his last job, money which is needed to restore Jennie's eyesight.

Definitely John Woo's masterpiece. I didn't know how he could out do himself with A BETTER TOMORROW II or HARD BOILED, but somehow he managed. Again, he is in my opinion, the best action director I've ever seen. I agree with what Quentin Tarantino once said, "If you can direct action well, you can do anything." However, much credit needs to go to Chow Yun-Fat as well. In every movie he's the character you love. Whether he's playing the hero or the villain, I always find myself wanting to be him. He just always seems like he's in command whenever he's on screen (and that's not an easy thing to do). I've found the last John Woo/Chow Yun-Fat movie that I haven't watched yet, ONCE A THIEF. If you've never seen a John Woo/Chow Yun-Fat movie, check out A BETTER TOMORROW, A BETTER TOMORROW II, HARD BOILED and THE KILLER. I know they're difficult to get a hold of, but trust me, it's well worth it!