Tried posting this earlier but the damn computer crashed.

Some observations on AJ:

AJ's attempted suicide was, for me, a gut-wrenching scene to watch. But one avenue left unexplored (so far) is that his medication(s) contributed to his problems.

AJ was on Lexapro. I know Wellbutrin was also mentioned in a previous episode, but I can't recall if AJ was given this or not. It's well-known that people taking anti-depressants like these should carefully watch for any sign of suicidal feelings. In some cases, they have an effect opposite from that which they are prescribed for. Often several drugs are tried before the "right" one is found.

I wonder if AJ's anti-depressants were exacerbating his emotional problems rather than helping. I'm curious as to why his psychiatrist didn't see red flags. (Remind me never to end up on his couch.)

Also, in real life, these drugs (like Lexapro) take at least four weeks for any real effects to be felt (with the majority of people). I wonder how long AJ had been on the medication; sometimes time-frames are a little unclear on the show.

Finally, since he is now hospitalized, I wonder what drugs (if any) they are giving him?

Signor V.