Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE GOOD GERMAN
(First Viewing)

While in post-war Berlin to cover the Potsdam Conference, an American military journalist is drawn into a murder investigation which involves his former mistress and his driver.

Even though I'm not a fan of the genre, this is the best homeage to the Noir genre I've ever seen. Steven Soderbergh really does a marvelous job making the audience feel as if the movie was really taking place in 1945. The black and white was obviously a nice touch to keep the audience in this perspective, but he does so much more with the way he changes scenes, etc. What I enjoyed the most out of this film was Tobey Maguire stepping out of his Spider-Man costume to drop quite a few F bombs along with a beat down of George Clooney. I'm sorry but I'm not used to see Tobey do that even after 3 SPIDER-MAN films.

Warning, Spoiler:
My only real beef with the film was the ending. I just felt it was too CASABLANCAish. It felt like a rip off and would liked to have seen Soderbergh be more original

Then how about Tobey in THE ICE STORM, before that Spidey stuff?

Haven't seen it. I've seen parts of the film but none with Tobey, only the Christina Ricci parts and 1 with Ms. Weaver and the car key party, etc.