GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, TommyIrish, 1 invisible), 397 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,945
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 225 of 319 1 2 223 224 225 226 227 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #394292
05/19/07 10:52 AM
05/19/07 10:52 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Also

Spider man 2,3,4,5,6,7,8
X Men 2,3,4,5
Freddy V Jason
Alian v Predator

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #394296
05/19/07 11:31 AM
05/19/07 11:31 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Ice

Of course, some films never mean to serve an artistic purpose and are SHEERLY financial in their intentions/motivations. Those films ARE boring and should be shot dead.

Such as...Rocky V.

I would even rate a Paris Hilton movie ahead of Rocky V b/c at least she would be offering some quasi original ideas. Original in that she hasn't made the same movie 4 other times.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #394302
05/19/07 12:55 PM
05/19/07 12:55 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DC, Pizzaboy and I were talking about that movie not to long ago. It's a wonderful film. My favorite scene is when the kid is onstage, and Sharkey is in the wings, lipsynching and doing every hand gesture in complete tandem with the performance. It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember it fondly.

Could it be because Sharkey's character is from Arthur Avenue?

Do you remember who played Sharkey's mother in the movie?

It's a fun movie to watch.

Great movie DC.

Sure, the Arthur Avenue scenes were great, especially the ones filmed inside Mario's, but I love the film on other levels as well, the whole "Italian-American experience" that it brings to light.

Vinnie's father is half a wiseguy yet Vinnie seems to want more out of life. He loves music, not so much for the money, but as an art. Being set in the early 60's, at a time before most Italians became upwardly mobile, it's an especially realistic portrayal of New York City Italian life. It hit really close to home for me.

Vinnie's character is actually based on Bob Marcucci, who ironically was from Philadelphia, not the Bronx. He was responsible for the careers of Frankie Avalon (Tommy D) and Fabian (Cesare).

Sharkey, who was actually half Irish - half Italian, spoke perfect Italian!

Sharkey plays a perfect Italian. I didn't realize that it was shot inside Marios. I was there many years ago and remember that it was an excellent restaurant.

Ever see Sharkey as Sonny Steelgrave in the Ken Wahl 'WISEGUY' television series? Outstanding show with an outstanding performance by Sharkey.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Don Cardi] #394306
05/19/07 01:05 PM
05/19/07 01:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Great show DC. I have the entire series on dvd.

I actually meant to say the whole "arc" on dvd.

Last edited by pizzaboy; 05/19/07 01:06 PM.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #394318
05/19/07 01:34 PM
05/19/07 01:34 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
The temple scene stands out in that film. Nothing else has stayed with me.

After a second viewing, I agree. What would you give the film?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Tony Mosrite] #394328
05/19/07 01:54 PM
05/19/07 01:54 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
 Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
I really got sucked into Scorsese's After Hours, which I watched for the first time. I bet some people here will know what I'm talking about.

I found this to be the best Marty picture that I've ever seen. And I did get sucked into it, while I had plans for watching another movie, but then I couldn't stop watching it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #394336
05/19/07 03:28 PM
05/19/07 03:28 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...

Of course, some films never mean to serve an artistic purpose and are SHEERLY financial in their intentions/motivations. Those films ARE boring and should be shot dead.

Such as...Rocky V.

I would even rate a Paris Hilton movie ahead of Rocky V b/c at least she would be offering some quasi original ideas. Original in that she hasn't made the same movie 4 other times.

I really detest every single installment of Rocky.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #394337
05/19/07 03:39 PM
05/19/07 03:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
The problem with the ROCKY movies is that they progressively got simpler, sillier, and generic-audience friendly turds. Considering that Stallone scripted all the movies, and directed ROCKY II through Part IV, I say hes to blame.

If anything, look at Stallone with the first ROCKY. Struggling would-be actor/writer with a voice fucked-up that traditionally wouldn't cut it in Hollywood...but he made it.

By the time of the bomb(financially, critically, and creatively) that was ROCKY V, Stallone was an super mega-egomaniac this side of Hulk Hogan. He needed to not only be humbled, but CRASH & BURN humbled.

Maybe thats why ROCKY BALBOA is actually a decent movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394338
05/19/07 03:42 PM
05/19/07 03:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Well, he did give the world STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #394340
05/19/07 03:43 PM
05/19/07 03:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Don't forget PARADISE ALLEY(the only Italian-American Great Depression movie that centers around Pro Wrestling!)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: long_lost_corleone] #394345
05/19/07 03:50 PM
05/19/07 03:50 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I really detest every single installment of Rocky.

He laughed all the way to the bank!

Rocky cost about $1.1 million to make, and grossed about $225 million worldwide. Rocky II grossed $200 million worldwide. And that's just from his first two Rocky movies!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #394346
05/19/07 03:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS
(First Viewing)

Professor Sherman Klump is getting married. And the Klump family could not be more delighted for him. But Buddy Love, his Mr. Hyde alter-ego from the first film, is back and trying to make it on his own. Buddy keeps resurfacing in untimely outbursts, and threatening the portly professor's marriage plans to colleague Denise Gaines. Utilizing Denise's cutting-edge DNA research, Sherman decides to rid himself of his monstrous nemesis -and his disruptive outbursts-once and for all by extracting Buddy's DNA from his system. But Buddy bursts full-bodied into Sherman's world and lays claim to the professor's astounding invention - a revolutionary youth serum. Desperate to keep it from Buddy, Sherman hides the serum in the Klump family home, thinking it will be safe. Buddy correctly divines where Sherman has placed the serum, but to get it, he has to deal with the entire Klump family first.

Another terrible script. I don't see how writer Steve Oedekerk continues to get work. Here are some of the projects he's helped write, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS, THUMB WARS: THE PHANTOM CUTICLE, BAT THUMB, THE GODTHUMB, FRANKENTHUMB, THE BLAIR THUMB, KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST, THUMBTANIC and BRUCE ALMIGHTY (I didn't find it to be that great). Why do I get the feeling that NORBIT will be exactly like these last 2 films? I was really hoping that I-SPY would have gotten Eddie back on track in 2002. Then he did DREAMGIRLS last year. But no, he still continues to do THE DADDY DAY CARES and DR. DOLITTLE'S, etc. If Quentin Tarantino every makes INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and if the rumors are true and he casts Eddie Murphy, I pray that will finally turn around his downward spiraling career.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394347
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Don't forget PARADISE ALLEY(the only Italian-American Great Depression movie that centers around Pro Wrestling!)

A very enjoyable and fun movie.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #394356
05/19/07 04:23 PM
05/19/07 04:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS
(First Viewing)

Professor Sherman Klump is getting married. And the Klump family could not be more delighted for him. But Buddy Love, his Mr. Hyde alter-ego from the first film, is back and trying to make it on his own. Buddy keeps resurfacing in untimely outbursts, and threatening the portly professor's marriage plans to colleague Denise Gaines. Utilizing Denise's cutting-edge DNA research, Sherman decides to rid himself of his monstrous nemesis -and his disruptive outbursts-once and for all by extracting Buddy's DNA from his system. But Buddy bursts full-bodied into Sherman's world and lays claim to the professor's astounding invention - a revolutionary youth serum. Desperate to keep it from Buddy, Sherman hides the serum in the Klump family home, thinking it will be safe. Buddy correctly divines where Sherman has placed the serum, but to get it, he has to deal with the entire Klump family first.

Another terrible script. I don't see how writer Steve Oedekerk continues to get work. Here are some of the projects he's helped write, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS, THUMB WARS: THE PHANTOM CUTICLE, BAT THUMB, THE GODTHUMB, FRANKENTHUMB, THE BLAIR THUMB, KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST, THUMBTANIC and BRUCE ALMIGHTY (I didn't find it to be that great). Why do I get the feeling that NORBIT will be exactly like these last 2 films? I was really hoping that I-SPY would have gotten Eddie back on track in 2002. Then he did DREAMGIRLS last year. But no, he still continues to do THE DADDY DAY CARES and DR. DOLITTLE'S, etc. If Quentin Tarantino every makes INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and if the rumors are true and he casts Eddie Murphy, I pray that will finally turn around his downward spiraling career.

Fuck Murphy.

He's an asshole with a legendary shithead reputation in Hollywood (which is a good reason probably why the industry voting-members snubbed Eddie at the Oscars).

Irish, Murphy doing absolutely crap isn't anything new. In fact, his downward spiral began with THE GOLDEN CHILD, a turkey of a flop. I dare you to watch that turd sometime.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394357
05/19/07 04:25 PM
05/19/07 04:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He was never better than in TRADING PLACES, never worse than ANYTHING after BEVERLY HILLS COP II.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #394358
05/19/07 04:29 PM
05/19/07 04:29 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I watched THE GOLDEN CHILD once.

The only thing I remember was Charlotte Lewis being incredibly hot.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: XDCX] #394359
05/19/07 04:31 PM
05/19/07 04:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think Tiger Woods played THE GOLDEN CHILD.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394360
05/19/07 04:56 PM
05/19/07 04:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Irish, Murphy doing absolutely crap isn't anything new. In fact, his downward spiral began with THE GOLDEN CHILD, a turkey of a flop. I dare you to watch that turd sometime.

I did and I own it on DVD. It's better than any comedy he did in the 1990s save for BOOMERANG and BEVERLY HILLS COP III

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #394363
05/19/07 05:34 PM
05/19/07 05:34 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I watched I-Spy with Eddie Murphy in a while back that was OK,just a simple comady with i think Owen Wilson,i looked on IMDB and they won some awards for this film.----Worst Screen Duo for that Year...LOL

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #394369
05/19/07 05:57 PM
05/19/07 05:57 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

I did and I own it on DVD. It's better than any comedy he did in the 1990s save for BOOMERANG and BEVERLY HILLS COP III

Umm, what about THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN? Not really a special comedy, but it did have a cool political plot(scheming jerk who happened to have the same last name as his Congressman, runs for that House seat, and WINS based on name recognition) that actually came true years later(Then again, director Jonathan Lynn was the brains behind YES MINISTER, that great British TV series about politics).

THE GOLDEN CHILD for Eddie Murphy is for that career like LAST ACTION HERO was for Arnold Schwarzenegger: Super big-budget lame dud that wrecked their careers.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He was never better than in TRADING PLACES, never worse than ANYTHING after BEVERLY HILLS COP II.

What do you mean by BHC2 exactly pizzaboy?

Oh, and yeah TRADING PLACES rules bitches. "Ohh, bubbles! When I was a kid, I had to fart in the tub!"

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/19/07 05:59 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: DE NIRO] #394371
05/19/07 06:05 PM
05/19/07 06:05 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Elephant ***
One of the great things about slow movies is that while the scenes unfold slowly, the audience start to gather their personal thoughts about the theme and slowly get involved deeper and deeper into the movie. This is one such movie, where you will not see any story at all. It just shows one day in a school that ends in a shootout. We are shown bits and pieces of various characters before the incident, but we are not allowed to know more about them. The beautiful part is that many scenes are shot in multiple angles and we get to see a different perspective as the character changes, sometimes meeting at the same point where we left with the previous character. The camera moves painfully slowly or is static to the point that the action happens outside the frame often. The music is great, especially when one of the shooter plays the piano. I am not sure if it is a popular piece of music, can anybody comment? This is a slow, but high quality movie. If you are not very particular about story/plot, you might like it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #394373
05/19/07 06:17 PM
05/19/07 06:17 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: svsg
Elephant ***
One of the great things about slow movies is that while the scenes unfold slowly, the audience start to gather their personal thoughts about the theme and slowly get involved deeper and deeper into the movie. This is one such movie, where you will not see any story at all. It just shows one day in a school that ends in a shootout. We are shown bits and pieces of various characters before the incident, but we are not allowed to know more about them. The beautiful part is that many scenes are shot in multiple angles and we get to see a different perspective as the character changes, sometimes meeting at the same point where we left with the previous character. The camera moves painfully slowly or is static to the point that the action happens outside the frame often. The music is great, especially when one of the shooter plays the piano. I am not sure if it is a popular piece of music, can anybody comment? This is a slow, but high quality movie. If you are not very particular about story/plot, you might like it.

What was incredible about ELEPHANT was the fact that its a pastiche of high school personalities. There is a story, but the plot isn't the focus of the film at all, but instead a device to allow us to glimpse a voyeur sight of these people, without any bullshit expositional dialogue or whatever nonsense that unsecure directors would have to make us CLEARLY understand.

I can't wait for Irish's review.

*cue The Comic Book Guy from THE SIMPSONS*

"The most boring movie EVER!"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #394378
05/19/07 06:44 PM
05/19/07 06:44 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I took my 10 year old today to see Shrek The Third. It was ok but I didn't like it as much as I liked Shrek #2. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394394
05/19/07 07:21 PM
05/19/07 07:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

Umm, what about THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN? Not really a special comedy, but it did have a cool political plot(scheming jerk who happened to have the same last name as his Congressman, runs for that House seat, and WINS based on name recognition) that actually came true years later(Then again, director Jonathan Lynn was the brains behind YES MINISTER, that great British TV series about politics).

THE GOLDEN CHILD for Eddie Murphy is for that career like LAST ACTION HERO was for Arnold Schwarzenegger: Super big-budget lame dud that wrecked their careers.

I never saw THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, but surprise surprise, I did enjoy LAST ACTION HERO. Sure it's lame, but at least it's better than JUNIOR, KINDERGARDEN COP, etc.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #394410
05/19/07 10:14 PM
05/19/07 10:14 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
(First Viewing)

The island of Iwo Jima stands between the American military force and the home islands of Japan. Therefore the Imperial Japanese Army is desperate to prevent it from falling into American hands and providing a launching point for an invasion of Japan. General Tadamichi Kuribayashi is given command of the forces on the island and sets out to prepare for the imminent attack. General Kuribayashi, however, does not favor the rigid traditional approach recommended by his subordinates, and resentment and resistance fester among his staff. In the lower echelons, a young soldier, Saigo, a poor baker in civilian life, strives with his friends to survive the harsh regime of the Japanese army itself, all the while knowing that a fierce battle looms. When the American invasion begins, both Kuribayashi and Saigo find strength, honor, courage, and horrors beyond imagination.

Clint Eastwood as an actor is fine but as a director the man just doesn't impress me. UNFORGIVEN, MILLION DOLLAR BABY, FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS and LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA were all Ok. My favorite Eastwood directed movie would probably have to be MYSTIC RIVER and even that I didn't think was great. The only positive thing I can say about this movie was what a good job Ken Watanabe did. Other than that, I was pretty much bored (yes, there goes that word again) with it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #394425
05/20/07 12:17 AM
05/20/07 12:17 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

I never saw THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, but surprise surprise, I did enjoy LAST ACTION HERO. Sure it's lame, but at least it's better than JUNIOR, KINDERGARDEN COP, etc.

But Irish, thats like saying its better to have skin cancer than AIDS. Sure technically its better....but wouldn't we rather have neither?

The problem with LAST ACTION HERO, besides "Ahhnuld" taking over that production, changing the script to fit his ego-masturbation needs in the process and making it the most expensive movie of its day, is that the idea of LAH is really great, and in some ways its a nice joke on action cinema in general.

However, when it becomes more about a joke about Arnold himself and not of cinema itself, thats when the movie fails.

Still, the movie is alright and there are MUCH worse Ahhnuld films out there. *cough* THE 6TH DAY

"You killed Mozart!"

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/20/07 12:20 AM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Mignon] #394426
05/20/07 12:19 AM
05/20/07 12:19 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
I took my 10 year old today to see Shrek The Third. It was ok but I didn't like it as much as I liked Shrek #2. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Considering that the 2nd movie was a wreck of a flick that will age amazingly bad within 5 years, I guess I am FUCKED if my little cousin forces me to take him to see it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394436
05/20/07 03:27 AM
05/20/07 03:27 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
A BETTER TOMORROW 1/2
(First Viewing)

This John Woo film tells the tale of Mark and Ho, friends and couriers for a Hong Kong crime syndicate with a large counterfeiting operation. Ho is double-crossed during a set-up and turns himself in to the police and Mark is shot during the firefight of a retribution hit. The plot is complicated by the fact that Ho's younger brother, Kit, is a rookie cop whose reputation is tarnished by his gangster brother. When Ho gets out of prison, he wants to start a new life, free of crime. Unfortunately, he is haunted by his past, with the crime bosses leaning on him and Mark encouraging him to return to a life of crime as his partner. In typical Woo fashion, the various factions clash and our protagonists engage both the police and the gangsters in a bloody bullet-fest.

Not John Woo's best work but John Woo on an off day is still better than most director's on a good day in terms of action. There wasn't a lot in this film but I am excited to see A BETTER TOMORROW II again!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #394441
05/20/07 04:41 AM
05/20/07 04:41 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
WALLACE AND GROMIT AND THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT

Watched this last night with the kids!
Sheer brilliance!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394476
05/20/07 12:30 PM
05/20/07 12:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Mignon

Considering that the 2nd movie was a wreck of a flick that will age amazingly bad within 5 years, I guess I am FUCKED if my little cousin forces me to take him to see it.

Little cousin, Ronnie ? Yeah right, you know you can't wait to see it.

Page 225 of 319 1 2 223 224 225 226 227 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull