Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I just finished watching a movie that I probably haven't seen in over 20 years....

The Idol Maker with Ray Sharkey.

By no means a classic or anything like that. Just a very entertaining, sit back and enjoy type movie with an excellent performance by Sharkey.

Anyone ever see it?

Yeah I've heard of that flick. Haven't seen it, but whats it about? (Remember when people asked this question before IMDB came about?)

Ray Sharkey plays Vincent Vacarri, a songwriter with an eye for talent, who just cannot seem to catch a break in the music business. That is until he takes a neighborhood wiseass kid and begins to cultivate and mold him into this teen idol. Eventually the success goes to this kid's head and Sharkey begins to see that he is losing control over this kid. So Sharkey goes out and finds another kid with raw talent and also turns him into a teen idol. Sharkey protects these boys, does what he thinks is best for their careers, and gives them everything that they want. But we begin to see that there is something much deeper within Sharkey's character that starts to rise to the surface, a self contained reason as to why Sharkey is so bent on becoming the ultimate Idol Maker.

Joe Pantoliano (Ralphie on The Sopranos) is Sharkey's partner and co-writer on the music, and Richard Bright (Neri from The Godfather) plays Sharkey's uncle.

As I said, not a classic by any means, but a very entertaining movie with a decent storyline.

Definitely worth a watch.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.