Originally Posted By: Double-J
Eric Junge, formerly of the Phillies affiliate Bridgeport Bluefish (this is where Klydon needs to tell us about this kid), has appeared in 2 games this season for Bridgeport will immediately report to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, the AAA affiliate of the New York Yankees. While in Bridgeport, Junge posted a 1.29 ERA in 5.1 innings of work, striking out 5 while walking only 1. Junge has appeared in 10 games on the major league level posting a 2-0 record with a 2.21 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 20 1/3 IP for the Philadelphia Phillies in 2002-2003.

The problem? He's already a journeyman minor league, spending time with the Padres, Dodgers, Phillies, and the Mets. \:\/

Can't tell you much other than I forgot about this guy. The Phillies traded Omar Daal years ago for him, plus another guy. I give him credit for hanging on in the Atlantic League at his age. These independent leagues tend to be graveyards for older guys still struggling to make it in the big leagues, or unable to leve the game. I wish him well in AAA. Plus, you never know...he might be able to put a couple of solid months together at the big league level.

Good luck.