Originally Posted By: goombah
Great point about United 93 Ronnierocket. I forgot about that movie and it was far superior to Stone's movie and was made without any big-time actors. I agree with you - it is their story and I don't want to sound like I'm trashing what they experienced. But how in the hell can a movie about (arguably) the most devastating day in our nation's history be described as "bland?" Somehow, Stone managed this nearly impossible feat quite easily.

Well, Oliver Stone's career was fucked after the mega-critical/financial bomb ALEXANDER...and he took a project that would ensure that his career would continue, and it did work of sorts, WORLD TRADE CENTER did make a profit, and conservative-columnists wrote favorably of the flick(and for leftie Stone, that IS weird for me to be writing).

Anyway Goombah, I had to make the point clear about those real people because last year when I reviewed WORLD TRADE CENTER, Don Cardi got on me for calling the characters in the film "bland & boring to the point that you don't care about them at all" because somehow he thought I was saying that about the REAL people in life or something to that effect. I had to write a lengthy PM to him, explaining how it was just my review of a flat movie, not the people.