Originally Posted By: BDuff
What about Melfi? No one in this show is safe. I can see it now...

Episode 86, "Made in America" Final Scene

Melfi- Why all this anger, Anthony?
Tony- I can't trust anybody, not even my best friends
Melfi- Why?
Tony- I won't go into detail, but they've dissapointed me
Melfi- Well usually when friends anger one another they resolve these issues or they move on
Tony- I've chose the latter recently...
Melfi- Anthony, you realize you ARE your mother! Anything anybody does for you is not good enough for you. Only you're a criminal that lies and kills and...
(Tony pulls out a gun)
Tony- Shut the fuck up!
(Fires the gun, bullet hits Melfi in the forehead)
Tony- Bitch...
(Tony leaves the office, walks outside and starts staring at the sky)
Screen fades to black

Yeah, I could TOTALLY see that. In the short dream sequence last night, when Tony starts spewing to Melfi that he actually did kill people -- and named them -- I instantly flashed back to last week's scene when Christopher drills J.T. after he tells him too much.

Tony has always been euphemistic about talking about murders to Melfi, never actually comes out and specifically says he has been involved in murders.

He knows Melfi is supposedly bound by doctor-patient confidentiality to keep their discussions secret, but she already hedged on that a couple seasons ago when she herself went to a therapist, and if Tony were to spew out details on murders, there is no way she would keep quiet.

Just like Chris and J.T., he would decide that Melfi has to go. The whole show, really, has been built around the Tony-Melfi sessions, and the asssumption that a) Tony won't reveal the true extent of his criminal activities to her, and b) she couldn't reveal them if he did.

In the end, I think both presumptions go out the window.

"You did good."