Signs point to Boston

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Clemens could make his season debut with the New York Yankees at Fenway Park, and that's fine with manager Joe Torre.

"It's going to be a circus anyway, It doesn't really matter," Torre said Thursday. "Wherever it falls, it's going to fall."

Clemens agreed Sunday to return to the Yankees and has been working out this week in Lexington, Ky., where his son, Koby, plays for a Houston Astros' farm team.

Roger Clemens is scheduled to arrive at the Yankees' minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., next Monday and to have a bullpen session the following day.

"We'll know more after he throws his bullpen," Torre said. "He's in good shape. The only thing he hasn't done is competed."

When he rejoined the Houston Astros last year, Clemens agreed to a contract on May 31, made three minor league starts and returned to the majors on June 22. The Yankees would like him to pitch in minor league home games, where they are in control of grooming the mounds.

Class A Tampa is home against Fort Myers from May 17-19, Double-A Trenton is home against Portland from May 21-24 and Triple-A Scranton is home against Indianapolis and Toledo from May 24-31.

New York, 1-5 against Boston this year, plays a three-game series at Fenway Park from June 1-3.

Torre wasn't bothered by those who criticized the Yankees and Clemens for a provision in the $28,000,022 contract that allows the seven-time Cy Young Award winner not to travel with the team at all times.

"I think it's just an example of how many people have opinions on things," Torre said. "I always find that opinions are dangerous when you do it from afar. We don't know what the situation is.

"Yes, it is in his contract. That's part of the deal but we don't know if it's going to be an issue. So until that time comes, I'm not even going to really concern myself with it," he said.

Source: SI

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Niiice [/Borat]