GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Giacomo, joepuzzles234), 469 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,979
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #379337
03/27/07 09:32 AM
03/27/07 09:32 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
NYPD Blue is excellent. You won't regret watching it.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #379338
03/27/07 09:33 AM
03/27/07 09:33 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've been thinking back to season one of 24 lately. Jack in the hospital when Ira Gaines first rings him. Driving when the light is changing slowly at dawn, at the lights next to the cop car, on his way to Palmer's primary at the power plant. Raiding the Gaines compound and saving Teri and Kim. The Drazens. The guy in the red cap. The final raid on the Drazens' HQ.

I love it. Those first four to six episodes of the show were absolutely fantastic.

Capo, I am avoiding reading the tidbits on the current episode here, but I totally agree with you about Season One. It IS fantastic. I was hooked immediately. All the season so far have been, IMHO excellent though.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #379390
03/27/07 12:46 PM
03/27/07 12:46 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
Does anybody else besides me wanna see the Vice President get bitch slapped? Is he CRAZY?! They prevented the latest nuclear attack, and they captured Gredenko. The man's evil!

Then again, maybe Daniel's has watched the last few seasons of 24...and knows that the end game is FAR from revealing itself yet.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #379392
03/27/07 01:04 PM
03/27/07 01:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Warning, Spoiler:
Powers Booth does an excellent job in that role. He makes you want to punch him right in the face! I loved how the Doctor told him to go fuck himself without saying go fuck yourself. The writing is just fantastic. They made us hate Daniels in the first few episodes and now have us rooting for him and the last few. Oh, and I still think that Milo is a mole.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #379396
03/27/07 01:13 PM
03/27/07 01:13 PM
California

California
Oh yea!!!! Just go ahead and tempt me with the "Spoiler" box. I won't click it! I won't click it! I won't click it!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #379398
03/27/07 01:17 PM
03/27/07 01:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
DON'T CLICK IT!

DON'T CLICK IT!

DON'T CLICK IT!

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #379410
03/27/07 01:30 PM
03/27/07 01:30 PM
California

California
Alas!! I will refrain. ;\) I do hope to rent the first 4 episodes of season 6 very soon though. \:\)

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #381356
04/03/07 10:07 AM
04/03/07 10:07 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Great episode last night!

Powers Booth should win an emmy this year. Great acting.

Warning, Spoiler:
Didn't you just love it when the patrons of the bar began beating the shit out of the terrorist and then Jack topped it off by kicking him in the face? What in the world caused President Palmer to change his mind like that? Pressure? Guilt? Ok, so I was sort of right about Milo. Not to sound redundant, but the writing is just fantastic.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #381361
04/03/07 10:23 AM
04/03/07 10:23 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I agree, DC. I think the writer's are getting back into their stride after a nearly flawless 5th season.

Warning, Spoiler:
The bar scene where Gredenko betrayed Fayed was fantastic. I kind of saw it coming simply by how easily Gredenko gave up Fayed to Bauer, but the way it was executed made it awesome. Fayed starts opening fire on innocents like a crazed lunatic, a whole bunch of guys tackle him and give him a shit kicking. Then Jack runs in like Superman and says "Federal agent! Hands off!" Then Fayed opens his mouth and Jack kicks him in the face.

As for Palmer...I think his medical condition is affecting his judgment. He basically said that he's doing it because he doesn't wanna look weak compared to Daniels. Plus...I think he has doubts about himself compared to his brother. I'm sure he's constantly asking himself "What would David do in this situation?"

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #381365
04/03/07 10:46 AM
04/03/07 10:46 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Good points about President Palmer.

Warning, Spoiler:
Now what happend to the former President after he was stabbed? All we know is that he went into cardiac arrest, and that was it. I wonder what the writers have in store for us with that?

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #381372
04/03/07 11:28 AM
04/03/07 11:28 AM
California

California
Warning, Spoiler:
I was watching tv last night and they showed a brief preview of 24. I heard someone tell Jack that President Powell is conscience. I thought, wait! He's dead. Then they showed a brief scene of his "brother" in the hosptial" I guess I know who the President is in season 6. \:\/ \:\/

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #383674
04/10/07 08:39 AM
04/10/07 08:39 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
How sick is this show? It's just awesome!

Warning, Spoiler:
I knew that Audrey was NOT dead!!! How great was it when Jack hanged the terrorist?

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #383697
04/10/07 09:31 AM
04/10/07 09:31 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
Seeing Jack kill EVERYBODY last night was awesome. It's been a while since we've seen the TRUE bad ass Jack Bauer, and he came through in spades last night. The fight between Fayed and Bauer was intense. When Jack wrapped that chain around Fayed's neck and said "Say hello to your brother", it was just a very satisfying moment.

I also couldn't believe that Audrey would be dead. I knew the writers could come up with something better than what they had. Writing off a main character like that seemed cheap. I had a feeling we'd be seeing her this season.

IMO, this Milo/Nadia story needs to go somewhere, and fast. I'm sick of the CTU storyline focusing on their love story. I'd rather see Bill, Chloe, and Morris.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #386681
04/19/07 09:41 AM
04/19/07 09:41 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
I was glad to see Chloe and Morris get more face time this week. Their presence (especially Chloe) has been sorely missed. No offense to the writers, but unless the Milo/Nadia storyline goes some place, I really don't care about them.

I've read a few reviews on this week's episode where people are saying that Jack going rogue and against CTU is out of character. True, Jack risking an international incident to save Audrey is a bit extreme...but consider all she went through to try and save him. He faked his own death and was forced into hiding at the end of Day 4 (effectively killing his relationship with his daughter), captured by the Chinese at the end of Day 5 and tortured for the next 18 months. The man has nothing left.

He told President Palmer that he will destroy the chip as soon as he has confirmation that Audrey is safe. There were doubts about his ability to do his job at the beginning of the day, but he's proven he can still get the job done.

Who knows, maybe I'm thinking too much into this...

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #386683
04/19/07 09:50 AM
04/19/07 09:50 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Warning, Spoiler:
I think that Jack has had it now. He's at the point that he feels he's sacrificed enough of his own life, jeopardized the lives of those he loves or loved, and sacraficed his personal relationships, to protect the country. He's paid a steep price to secure the country. It's almost as if he now feels that this request made by him to rescue Audrey is owed to him. He now feels that anything he needs he has coming to him by his government. And I don't know that I disagree wih him at all. Bad thing is that the V.P. now has something to use against President Palmer.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #386702
04/19/07 10:40 AM
04/19/07 10:40 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Warning, Spoiler:
I've been wondering when this moment would come, but I think you're right. I think Jack has finally said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" He's been instrumental in saving the US time and time again since the show's inception...and at the expense of many of the people he loves. He lost Terri at the end of Day 1, lost his daughter when he "died" at the end of Day 4, and lost Tony and Michelle because of his decision to fake his death.

Not to mention the countless suicide missions he's undertaken at the request of his government. Flying the nuke into the desert in Day 2, going back undercover with the Salazars in Day 3, attacking and illegally detaining a prisoner at the Chinese consulate in Day 4, and agreeing to help divert the crisis in Day 5 (albeit under false pretenses by President Logan.)

He's put his ass on the line long enough.

P.S.

Sorry TIS. I know these countless spoiler posts are tempting you like mad.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #386705
04/19/07 10:52 AM
04/19/07 10:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Warning, Spoiler:
And don't forget that when he went undercover for the government with the Salazars he became addicted to drugs!
TIS, if you are opening this, then I'll know that you peeked!

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #386712
04/19/07 11:12 AM
04/19/07 11:12 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I finally started watching season three t'other night. Watched the first four episodes, up to when Bauer breaks Salazar out of prison.

I think it's really, really interesting to have Bauer needing a fix, so he's not the super-hero figure we all expect him to be.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #386714
04/19/07 11:26 AM
04/19/07 11:26 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I finally started watching season three t'other night. Watched the first four episodes, up to when Bauer breaks Salazar out of prison.

I think it's really, really interesting to have Bauer needing a fix, so he's not the super-hero figure we all expect him to be.

That's what I've always liked about the show. He not always portrayed as that Super Hero type that is invincible to the tragedies and pitfalls of life.

Capo, if you are really into this show, then I strongly suggest that you read THIS BOOK.

While it is not written in the traditional story format, it is more formatted as though one is reading transcripts from legal hearings that have taken place. Testimony.

It takes place between season 1 and season 2 and provides some really excellent insight into not only Jack himself, but many of the others involved in what took place in season 1, the relationships that were formed, why Palmer was a target of the attempted assassinations, and why the Drazen's were involved.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #386720
04/19/07 11:48 AM
04/19/07 11:48 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, I read it when it was first published, DC. Good stuff.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #386744
04/19/07 01:36 PM
04/19/07 01:36 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Eh this season has been okay, maybe it'll heat up with the recent developments.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Longneck] #386748
04/19/07 01:48 PM
04/19/07 01:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Longneck

Just OK? I think that it's been full of action, intruige and excitement through and through. I will concede to you one thing that I just cannot seem to buy :

Warning, Spoiler:
President Palmer was knocked out in the explosion and was in critical condition. He was made to be brought out of a coma so that he could put a stop to the nuclear attacks ordered by the VP. Ok. No problem. But then he prances around, showing at times that he is weak, doing so outside the presence of his doctor, only calling him in from time to time. I find it very hard to believe that in a matter of a couple of hours after being in a bombing and a coma, that the President was able to move around and function the way that he did. This is all taking place within a 24 hour time period and not on a weekly basis.

But that one thing aside, I think that this season has been a very good one so far.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Longneck] #386771
04/19/07 02:06 PM
04/19/07 02:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Longneck

I agree. I'm not saying the season sucks but it's getting harder to surprise me (although I have been a couple of times thus far). Just every week I look forward to seeing The Shield and now I go to my TiVo because I know I have to watch 24 (I haven't been excited to watch it for a while now)

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #386881
04/19/07 08:37 PM
04/19/07 08:37 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Jack Bauer would kick Vic Mackey's ass. \:p

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #386929
04/19/07 10:27 PM
04/19/07 10:27 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
It'd be a pretty cool fight, though.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #386947
04/19/07 11:20 PM
04/19/07 11:20 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Yeah it would be a good fight. Jack is a tough son of a b*tch but Vic's got a couple pounds on him. Tony Soprano could promote it and take a percentage of the fight

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #388149
04/24/07 09:15 AM
04/24/07 09:15 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Warning, Spoiler:
Nadia, a muslim, now the acting head of CTU! This show has more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. I just don't trust that Milo. It's as though he has some kind of hidden agenda. Next weeks coming attractions made mention of an informer on the inside. Hmmmm.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #388157
04/24/07 09:40 AM
04/24/07 09:40 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Warning, Spoiler:
I had a feeling that Bill would be going down this episode. Nadia taking over CTU was a shock for me. I figured it would be Chloe...or even Milo. It's amazing...after all Nadia went through earlier this season (having her security access down-graded, being interrogated by Jack Bauer-lite: a.k.a. Mike Doyle), she's now interim head of CTU.

The tension between Chloe and Morris came to a head this week. No offense to Morris, but he was asking for the "arming nuclear warheads" comment from Chloe. He was constantly picking at her and harassing her. If ANYBODY should know about Chloe's personality, it should be her ex-husband.

Well, CTU and Mike Doyle blew it this week. Jack was set to destroy the chip when Doyle tries to go all Jack Bauer and save the day. Some advice, Mike...there's only one Jack Bauer. Quit trying.

I had a feeling that Audrey wasn't quite herself. You gotta figure, if they did even a fraction of what they did to Jack to Audrey, it would be devastating. With only a few more episodes this season, it's gonna be interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #389715
05/01/07 08:21 AM
05/01/07 08:21 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Wow! Mr. Heller really hit home with what he said to Jack, huh? Cold, heartless, but the truth is the truth and it hurts.

3 episodes left.

Warning, Spoiler:
I knew that Jack did something to the computer board before handing it over to the Chinese.

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #389718
05/01/07 08:59 AM
05/01/07 08:59 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Warning, Spoiler:
Agreed. Despite it almost NEVER being Jack's intention, nothing he has touched as ever turned to gold. He is cursed. What a horrible feeling that must be...and the look on Jack's face at the end spoke volumes (as did the look on Heller's.)

It was heartbreaking seeing Jack get through to Audrey...only to have that taken away from him.

So far...the Presidential storyline has been my favorite this season...and it just keeps getting better. Powers Boothe is incredible in the role of Vice President Daniels, and it was nice to see a change in his character. I'm still not 100% convinced that we'll see no more treachery from him, but last night's story was well played.

Doyle actually grew on me a bit this week, too. He came off as a cocky, arrogant jerk when he was first introduced, but that was mostly due to Milo. ANYBODY that will willingly let Jack Bauer knock them out is OK in my book!

With 3 episodes left (and a few more shocking revelations in store), I can't wait to see how they wrap up this season.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull