Great win for Wang. With only three perfect games in Yankee Stadium history (Larsen, Wells, and Cone). Coincidentally, more perfect games have been thrown at Yankee Stadium than any other ballpark (the next closest is Dodgers Stadium in Chavez Ravine). I'm really glad to see Wang do so well. Despite his outstanding performance since entering the league a couple of years ago, the media and even fans don't seem to take him seriously, and the fact that he is the ace of the rotation is always put in "quotes." That's crap. There are few pitchers in the league better than Chien-Ming Wang in my opinion, and you probably could count them on one hand (and their names include Santana, Oswalt, and Clemens).

---

Darrell Rasner gets yet another chance to try and earn a spot with the Yankees rotation today. Let's just pray he doesn't get bombed.

---

Is Abreu finally back to form?

I don't know. He'll have to fill it out in triplicate.

---

Colter Bean was optioned down to AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre today.

That's the best move the bullpen has made all season long.

---

Can I get a witness? The Yankees have been fervently talking with Cleveland about Paul Byrd, and supposedly had a deal going until Jake Westbrook got injured. Yikes. Now it sounds like the Dan Haren alert is up. Word. Well, Cashman is tight with Billy Beane. Maybe they can work out a deal.