I couldn't watch the game last night because I don't get My9 in my area (so I watched the Sabres \:\) ), but I'm really surprised Igawa pitched from the stretch ALL NIGHT LONG. C'mon, Guidry. He did great his last start - he blended his windup with his stretch, with his new foot placement, and he had all his control and break back with his pitches.

Any Little League coach, even an amateur fan, knows that while the stretch (or set) brings a quicker delivery to the plate (which is why it is used with men on base), it yields less control, less velocity, and oftentimes less break because the pitcher does have his usual arm tendencies from the windup.

I still am not willing to give up on Kei. Guidry needs to take this kid aside and figure out how to work his foot placement in with his windup. Putting him out there to pitch from the stretch an entire game (well, 5 innings worth at least) is clearly not the solution.

---

Bye-bye Colter! Yeah. What the fuck. I love the website "freecolterbean.com" because Colter has played so well in the minors, he deserves a shot at the major leagues. No. Yet again, when called up, he fails miserably. You're telling me Ron Villone is worse than this? Even with his used-up arm, he has to be an improvement. Vizcaino too, he's having a rough go at adapting to the AL, and the "innings eater" we were getting has turned into the "early exit" after giving up big hits, usually home runs.

---

Who better than...Mike Myers? Whoa. Seriously. It was the longest outing of this career with 4 consecutive innings of work, and he did a great job trying to make something out of nothing. Kudos to the former LOOGY turned long-man.

---

Is Bobby Abreu finally out of his funk? Three hits, two runs scored. Let's hope so. He DH'ed and was third in the lineup, but I still would move him down in the order. Give Giambi or Matsui the #3 spot in the order, keep A-Rod at 4th, either Giambi/Matsui at five, Posada at sixth, Cano at seventh, and Abreu at 8. He still has great hitters directly in front of him, so he should have some chances at RBI's. And the way he's playing and Mientkeiwicz is hitting homeruns, he may get some good pitches.

---

Let's hope the Yankees can capitalize on some old flavor today. Jeff Weaver returns to Yankee Stadium in Mariners teal (?) against Chien-Ming Wang. Wang has fixed his broken fingernail issue with some superglue and says he's 100% ready to go. If the Yankees offense can giddyup and get some runs going, and support Chien, hopefully he'll get his first win this season.