Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Well, Shell made me an offer I can't refuse. If you buy gas at a Shell station using your Shell card, you get a 5% rebate on your gasoline purchases. Originally, it was not much money, but we did it because my husband drives over 60 miles each way to work. Now, we're getting almost 15 cents per gallon off the price of gasoline. I used to see the banners at my local Shell station, trying to get people to sign up. Coincidentally, the offer doesn't seem to be out there any longer.

As long as you pay that bill in full when it comes in, then you've made a smart move. But how many people will make the minimum payment each month and pay 18% - 22% compounded interest? These credit card companies have it all figured out. They do extensive studies on these things and find that a high percentage of people do NOT pay their bill in full at the end of the month. That is why they come up with these rebate offers. They aren't losing a penny. The people who make the minimum payment each month are really the ones paying out the rebates to all the other card holders. It doesn't cost the credit card companies a penny.

As long as you pay your bill in full at the end of every month, then you'll stay ahead of the game.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.