Originally Posted By: bogey
Wow, they all look so young.

Yeah. John was only 21. Flea, Chad, and Anthony were all 29.

Quote:
You read the comments? They're all "ZOMG John SUX, hes so out of tune" Then they start bashing Anthony, but really, I think he did a decent job trying to work with Johns playing.

Quote:
af2w131f (3 months ago) marked as spam
I agree this is the best performance by John, he adds to this already awesome song with extra guitar riffs ect. I like this better than the original album version and thats saying a lot.

Yeah, I personally think that it's a pretty good performance. John is such a good guitarist, he can't even play hard when he tries. I just see it as the purest guitar playing he could have done at that time, emotionally speaking. So, it just happens he was angered by the bands mainstream success, clinically depressed, and addicted to heroin. Even when he starts screaming and yelling his vocal part out of tune, I know he was trying to ruin the climax of the song, but I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard because it's so raw and beautiful.

And I didn't even question Anthony's singing until I read the comments. John was playing different chords than he usually does, and the chords and vocals are supposed to harmonize in Under the Bridge. So, if John plays something else, of course Anthony will sound off. I've heard Anthony sing far more out of key when John was playing in the same key as the rest of the band.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."