Originally Posted By: Paul Krendler
DC - I read Helter Skelter recently (damn good read by the way) and can confirm you're correct on this. Their death sentences were commuted to life imprisonment.

DC, you sound skeptical about the way Ruby died. I also have my doubts that an embolism caused his death. I've heard and read stories of visits by mystery doctors to Ruby's cell when he was in perfect health and his sudden deteriation afterwards. Am I sounding like a complete conspiracy geek here?

Helter Skelter is a fantastic read. How brilliant was Bugliosi in building this case against Manson, who never ever entered those home to commit those murders? In truth, when he first started investigating the case, all he really had was circumstantial evidence. Bugliosi did some job in collecting evidence and getting witnesses to testify against Manson. Simply brilliant.

As for Ruby, no, you don't sound like a conspiracy geek. I've always suspected that something intentional was done to deteriorate his health. There is no question in my mind that the whole John F. Kennedy assassination was a conspiracy of some sort.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.