Originally Posted By: fathersson
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
"To be quite honest, this is where it gets complex," Cashman said. "There's a lot of guys not doing Marty's program. Truthfully, some of the guys who have gotten hurt were doing their own program. That's where it gets [to be]

You can understand how this could happen.

" a grey area and complicated in our sport of baseball."
Yes can anybody say spoiled, know it all, sport stars. \:D

I don't think that's the case FS (and believe me, I know from the Bills there are plenty of pro athletes who don't train correctly). Jeff Mangold, the old trainer, had a program with running and stretching during his tenure. Marty Miller had neither. It was like, "okay, go out there with what you've got" come as you are type training, which is why Yankee players complained that he was a complete dope. And he was.

---

Yankees sweep the Texans! Woot! We've vaulted into a three-way tie for second place in the AL East, 5.5 games back. We've scored more runs than any other team in our division to date.

---

Pettitte came up big yesterday. He didn't overpower hitters, but he certainly battled well and was grinding out that win.

---

Matsui! Matsui! Matsui! Walking Giambi to get to Matsui, and Matsui coming up clutch is exactly the kind of danger this lineup is supposed to bring, at least on paper. This is one of the first times this year I've seen it executed. The big double gave the Yankees the go-ahead run, and it should help Matsui along his trek to improve his batting average before his injury came along.

---

The Moose was stomping last night. He looked great. His control was there, and his breaking pitches were solid. Really impressed with how he did. If he can stay healthy, that's another huge plus for our rotation.

---

Newsflash: Abreu is still dead weight.

Oh, sorry to post old news.

---

Darrell Rasner and Matt DeSalvo will be called up to replace Phil Hughes and Karstens in the rotation. Rasner has shown flashes of being a decent pitcher, but has proven to be nothing more than an insurance 5th starter. DeSalvo, according to Giambi, has "filthy stuff" and has been in the Yankees minor league system for awhile, but has suffered some setbacks and needed to go back and get his confidence up. This looks like the right time to bring him up, as he's been dominated AAA ball in Scranton-Wilkes Barre, going 3-0 with a 1.05 ERA in five starts, allowing 15 hits, walking 13 and striking out 23 in 25 2/3 innings (according to Yankees.com).