Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
That, as a lover of film, and as somebody who has the free will and sound mind (he's not a retard, and he's not living under an oppressive regime which might stamp on his opinions), he's been utterly, undeniably and unforgiveably lazy.

When a retelling of a film's story is more than quadruple in length of the things you actually have to say in response, it's not a good sign of the film. But since Irish seems to like the film, it's not by any means a good sign of him.

In short, I see absolutely no reason why he would even think about posting what he did here. It's a waste of space (in general, on the Internet, and in particular, on this board); of time (his and mine); and, finally and most importantly, a waste of an opinion - and therefore, a waste of time having consumed the film in the first place.

This thread might as well be in the Games Section, because that's what it's become. A regurgitation of what a film tells story-wise (and I'd be surprised if he even wrote that himself), and little if anything more.

Is that what Cinema's worth? A few lines? A few stars? So you can watch a film and say you've just watched it in a post?

Of course, this will probably meet the unoriginal, and again thoroughly lazy response such as, "But I don't like films the way you do", or "I don't know about cinematography or directing", but that doesn't mean you're engaging with the film in any less active a way than me. And for someone who watches a lot of films - no, someone who dedicates a lot of time to watching them - I see no reason why further analysis isn't interesting or indeed possibly essential.

What a fucking waste.

It's disgusting. It's a real, genuine sign of the inertia of society as a whole.

I appreciate your kind comments. No joking, that JUST made my night, so thank you Capo!