Originally Posted By: fathersson
That's assuming that the Yankee pitching would be able to stop Boston's hitters.

The score of his first win was 7-6. So again, he wasn't THAT much of a factor. If Proctor wouldn't have blown the game, the Yanks would have won. So he gave up 6 runs in his first game against the Yankees and you pat him on the back saying he did a fine job. I'm sorry, in my book he didn't. Call it good ol' fashion Red Sox hating or what not but sqeaking out a 1-run win because of Scott Proctor doesn't equate a good performance. He got bailed out. Whereas Philip Hughes is on the verge of a no-hitter (it would have been the first for the Yankees since David Cone in 1999) and somehow you have to find fault with it. Sure the Rangers aren't the Red Sox but they do have some good hitters in Young, Texeria, and Blalock. And weren't you the first one to discredit me for saying Dice-K didn't pitch well in his first start of the season against the Royals? So how come Dice-K gets a pass in your book against the mighty Royals but Hughes can't against the Rangers? I think you're looking through you're "let's take the complete opposite stance of Irishman's" glasses

And in his 2nd game, he gave up 4 runs. Sure he won the game and was more convincing this time around but again, he's still not superman as ESPN and others love to basically dub him. Dice-K can do no wrong whereas Igawa can do no right. But whatever, I stand by my point and you seem to stand by yours.