Originally Posted By: Irishman12
A serious point. Why when Dice-K is subpar do we congratulate him with getting the win? But when Hughes pitches we have to validate the team he pitched against? You can't have it both ways.

No matter what we say you will always find fault with it.

You listened to all that hipe about Dice-K and you made him an instant enemy. He pitches and you want to shoot holes and glout about what he has done. He pitches against one of the greatest batting orders in the country and you just wanted to take pot shots at him, face it your hate clouds your judgement. No one said he was the greatest pitcher of the year. He faced Yankees and came out with a win, live with it.

Now Hughes pitched a great game, true BUT look at the lineup he was faced with, come on you have to discount it a bit in my book. Hughes will not be the savor of the Yankees year. I have watch him pitch here in Syracuse with the Chiefs and if he faces a line up like the Yankees have, then he will be just another arm.

Any pitcher is only going to win if his team gets him some runs. And the Yankees have an easier time of that then most teams in the league. Which I am said to say we are in dire need of.

So yes you can have it both ways, if you keep it on a level playing field and are honest about it.

Last edited by fathersson; 05/02/07 03:13 PM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!