Originally Posted By: SC
If you have to question Chase's reasons for showing such scenes you're missing the point.

BUT, to use your "argument", do you really think that if the Spatafores simply moved to Maine their troubles (and Vito. Jr.'s) would simply disappear?

Little Turd Boy is over-reacting out of anger (about his father). Tony, in his home-spun philosophical way hit it on the head when he said that a geographical answer was not the solution to this issue. He (Vito, Jr.) HAD to be made to face what was REALLY bothering him.

I agree that moving to Maine was not the answer. But I do believe that Tony succumbed to that theory more out of selfishness/cheapness than for the kid's sake.

And it is my feeling that Chase wanted us to feel the horror of how the kid was taken away to show us that Tony took the cheap and heartless way out.

The fact that each of us interprets these scenes differently is what makes this show so interesting. ;\)

Tony is a cheap, heartless f**k when it comes to money! \:p

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.