Alpha Dog ***
(First Viewing)

A drama based on the life of Jesse James Hollywood, a drug dealer who became one of the youngest men ever to be on the FBI's most wanted list.

Yes the 3-star rating is correct, you didn't misread it. I'm as surprised as you to see it up there. A drama about a bunch of wannabe white kids in California with the T-Lake. Sounded like a receipt for disaster right? Wrong. A great young cast lead by Emile Hirsch (the geeky kid from The Girl Next Door), Shawn Hatosy, Anton Yelchin, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried and my personal favorite, the speed freak himself Mr. Ben Foster (seriously, this kid's work gets better each time he's in front of the camera). He was enjoyable in The Punisher as the pierced up funny guy Dave, he really showed me his range as a young actor as Mars in Hostage, he was just a name to throw into X3 as Angel and he raises the bar again for himself in this film. Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone and Harry Dean Stanton do a good job as well rounding out the cast. Glad to see director Nick Cassavetes rebound from his last diaster, John Q (I didn't see his last film, The Notebook).