Originally Posted By: Double-J
The Red Sox have invested too much in Matsuzaka and have a solid rotation at this point for them to go and get Clemens at his exorbitant rate. Similarly, Houston's playoff chances could be slim again, and we know how Clemens desires the ring. I think Cashman (vis a vis George) will pull out the stops to get him now that our rotation is in tatters.

Pitchers are like wine. If we would have left them age a bit then we would have had one hell of cellar to select from. But no, we beat the hell out of the old farm club to get the big Hollywood lineup and even after we went hog wild on getting some stock back in the cellar, they just aren't aged enough.

Now Clemens chases a ring like a gold digger, but I wonder if he wants to come to a club with a pitching staff that is in tatters.
There would be to much pressure on him, while in Boston he would just have to play his part and relax a whole lot more. I don't think money is the big issue. It is the time to relax and less pressure for him. He doesn't want the pressure that A-rod or Jeter gets from the New York fans and the NY papers.
And hell, the smart more for Boston is to keep any or all pitchers away from the Yankees, it hurts NY by taking them off the market. Let's face it, Boston has shown that it will open the pocket book a bit more.

They have once again had a taste of being kings and I think they liked it a whole lot.

Last edited by fathersson; 04/24/07 03:43 PM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!