Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

And in my thinking this way, the question is, did Fredo intentionally set up Mike, or did he really think that he was just spiting Mike and getting even with him by trying to make a deal on his own?. Personally I think that he was fooled by Ola and Roth.
Michael was a son of a bitch to have Fredo killed.

No, he was a lousy cold hearted bastard

Fredo says that Michael was being tough on some negotiations and that Ola proomised Fredo there would be something in it for him if he could get Michael soften up. He then says he "didn't know it was going to be a hit." So taking Fredo at his word, what did he think? Was he supposed to go to Michael and say, "Hey Mikey, I hear you are being tough on some negotiations with Hyman Roth, why don't you ease up?" I can imagine how that one would go over. Which brings us back to the drapes. "Open the drapes the night of Anthony's Communion party and that will make Mike come to his senses about the negotiations?" Was Fredo THAT stupid?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."