Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Why was Michael so obsessed with having another son?
As Luca Brasi might have said, his foist child was a masculine child. It seemed as if he were grooming Anthony for succession, as in the bedroom scene after the Tahoe shooting ("Maybe I can help?" "Someday you will"). He had a nice daughter. But while dancing with Kay at Anthony's party, he makes a point of asking if the baby inside her felt like a boy. When he returned from Cuba and Hagen told him about Kay's "miscarriage," he yelled at Tom, "Was it a boy???" (rare burst of emotion from him). And when Kay revealed her abortion, she practically spat out at him, "It was a boy, Michael!" Then she said, "I wouldn't bring another one of your sons into this world...this Sicilian thing must end."
Was Michael, like his father before him, doubtful that his firstborn would be unable to lead the family enterprise? Did Kay know that? What do you think?

Well based on what he saw with Sonny and Fredo... he knew he needed options.... look at Donald Trump.... he is having more kids just to get the smartest one to carry on his Legacy...

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!